Supporting HVAC Career Aspirations
The EGIA Foundation Scholarship Program was established to recognize the excellent and deserving students seeking an HVAC technical education. This scholarship provides essential financial support to aspiring residential HVAC, or home performance contracting careers.
Up to 20 eligible students will be awarded a $2500 scholarship to pursue an HVAC degree or certificate at an accredited community college, technical/vocational school, or approved technical institute during the 2020-2021 academic year. Applicants will be asked to explain what inspired them to choose an HVAC technical education and their plans upon graduating.
Scholarship applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are now open.
To start an application, go to aim.applyISTS.net/EGIA and create an account. Once you are in the portal, click “Add New Application” to begin your scholarship application. Applicants will need to provide their transcripts and have completed the 2020-2021 FAFSA SAR in addition to the application form to be considered for the award.
- Go to https://aim.applyISTS.net and click the “Don’t have an account? Register!” link to create a new account.
- If you already have an existing ISTS account, please log-in.
- Once you reach your home page, click the “Add New Application” button.
- In the box that appears, enter the program key “EGIA” and click “Apply” to be redirected to the application form.
- Complete all required fields, upload any required documents and click “Submit”
October 4, 2019: Application submission open
January 30, 2020: Last day for application submission
May 2020: Notification of selection results
August 2020: Awards mailed out
• Students planning to enroll or currently enrolled* in an HVAC technical program** at an accredited institution for the entire 2020-2021 academic year
• US Citizens, US Nationals, US Permanent Residents based on the guidelines utilized by the US Department of Education Federal Financial Aid eligibility
• Minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
• Student pursuing an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma in an HVAC technical program
Preference will be given to high school seniors and students age 18-26. The first 350 applicants will be considered. If interest dictates, the limit may be raised to accommodate for more applications.
* Current students must continue to be enrolled through January 1, 2021
** Applicants are required to upload documentation that the eligible HVAC program is offered at the school applied to/enrolled. Employees and children of employees of EGIA and the EGIA Foundation are ineligible to apply.
Scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements, academic merit, financial need, and interest of pursuing a career in residential HVAC or home performance contracting. Applicants will be asked to explain what inspired them to choose an HVAC technical education and their plans after graduation.