Supporting HVAC Career Aspirations
The EGIA Foundation Scholarship Program was established to recognize the excellent and deserving students seeking an HVAC technical education. This scholarship provides essential financial support to aspiring residential HVAC, green HVAC, or home performance contracting careers.
Up to 20 eligible students will be awarded a $2500 scholarship to pursue an HVAC degree or certificate at an accredited community college, technical/vocational school, or approved technical institute during the 2019-2020 academic year. Applicants will be asked to explain what inspired them to choose an HVAC technical education and their plans upon graduating.
Scholarship applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will open on January 1, 2019.
January 1: Application submission open
April 30: Last day for application submission
June 30: Winners announced
August: Awards mailed out
• Students planning to enroll or currently enrolled in an HVAC technical program* at an accredited institution for the entire 2019-2020 academic year
• US Citizens, US Nationals, US Permanent Residents based on the guidelines utilized by the US Department of Education Federal Financial Aid eligibility
• Minimum grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
• Student pursuing an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma in an HVAC technical program
Preference will be given to high school seniors and students age 18-26. The first 350 applicants will be considered. If interest dictates, the limit may be raised to accommodate for more applications.
* Applicants are required to upload documentation that the eligible HVAC program is offered at the school applied to/enrolled. Employees and children of employees of EGIA and the EGIA Foundation are ineligible to apply.
Scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements, academic merit, financial need, and interest of pursuing a career in residential HVAC or home performance contracting. Applicants will be asked to explain what inspired them to choose an HVAC technical education and their plans after graduation.